At QCL we strive to always improve our facilities, systems and amenities to better serve you. We are proud to offer what we believe is the finest fishing experience on the west coast. To get you out fishing as quickly as possible upon your arrival to the Lodge, your check-in is as follows:
- Upon your arrival, a QCL representative will direct you to the Bell Ringer Cafe on the dock for brunch. You’ll meet your guide who will walk you through preparations to head out fishing.
- There will be a brief orientation to explain the general program.
- Your luggage will be taken to your room for you as it is unloaded from the aircraft.
- For our self-guided guests, a deckhand will provide a fishing and boat orientation to outline water safety and boat operation.
- All boats are numbered and are assigned for the duration of your trip, so it is important that you remember your boat number.
- Those guests staying aboard the MV Driftwood will find the ship anchored just off the QCL dock. After meeting the Captain, having brunch and a quick orientation at the Bell Ringer, you will be shuttled out to the ship where you board your skiff and head out fishing.
If you require assistance of any kind, please don’t hesitate to ask any of our staff.
Boat & Motor Information
At the beginning of each season we equip our fleet with new outboard engines. Your boat is is checked, serviced and restocked each night upon your return to the dock. If you notice any mechanical problems either with the boat or the engine please bring it to the attention of our dock staff, Fishmaster or Driftwood crew immediately so we can see to it that the issue is resolved.
Each boat is stocked with safety equipment in compliance with Transport Canada boating regulations. Each vessel has this safety equipment on board, in addition to flags for signaling other boats, radios for communication and a first aid kit.
Refer to the Tidal Water Sports Fishing Guide available online for current catch limits. It is your responsibility to read the Sports Fishing Guide and to fish within the regulations’ limits. We will ensure that all regulations are abided by and will not allow guests to exceed catch limits.
Regulations require that you carry your fishing licence with you at all times while fishing. You must also record on your licence, before resuming fishing, each Chinook salmon and each halibut retained. You must also have your licence with you while traveling from the Lodge back to Vancouver. Failure to follow these instructions may result in fish being confiscated by Department of Fisheries & Oceans officers and/or fines being assessed.