- Food Grade 16″ Cedar Plank
- 1-2 Chinook/Coho Salmon Whole Filet
- 1-2kg Tamari Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 1500ml Heavy Dark Maple Syrup
- Submerge your cedar plank in water overnight.
- Combine syrup and soy sauce. Stir and reserve.
- Leaving skin on, portion cut your salmon filet into 60g portions. Try to ensure each are roughly the same size and dimensions.
- Submerge cut salmon into syrup/soy marinade, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- One hour prior to cooking, remove salmon from the marinade and set on cooling racks placed over a baking sheet to allow fish to air dry and excess marinade to slough off.
- Preheat BBQ to high.
- Arrange portioned salmon on cedar plank, leaving small gaps between each piece.
- Place on hot BBQ slats, close lid and reduce heat to a minimum.
- Cook covered for 6 minutes, and check fish for doneness; look for medium moist, with a slight gradient from outside to center.
- Take cedar planks off BBQ once cooked and serve.
- Enjoy and create new memories around the dinner table!
Don’t worry if you’ve moved through your delicious catch already, our Taste of B-Sea program runs year round. The finest quality fish and shellfish, these products are Ocean Wise and come from some of the most sustainable fisheries in the world using the most eco-friendly fishing methods.